Sunday, July 5, 2009

Conspiracies & Pharmaceuticals

by Tamar Yonah

I sometimes wonder if there are people hired by the government to come up with ludicrous conspiracy theories in order to discredit the people who are really exposing and whistle-blowing on the dirty deeds that are being done behind our backs.

We know conspiracies exist. We just read about one this last week in the Torah portion about Balak and Balaam.

The Jews were camping out in the desert on their way to the Land of Israel. King Balak from Moab, unbeknownst to the Jews who were minding their own affairs, conspired with the great magician Balaam to destroy the Jews through putting a curse on them. All the while, the Jews were oblivious to their evil plan.

I love learning this Torah portion because it reminds us that though our enemies plan their evil schemes against us, G-d is ever watching over us and protecting us. This evil conspiracy happened without our knowledge, but still, G-d was lovingly taking care of us and destroying the plans of our enemies while we were worrying about collecting our manna and cleaning our tents and doing the mundane things in life that each day brings on a regular basis.

And so, returning to 'conspiracies', there ARE evil plots going on. We just don't know about them. One of the latest conspiracy theories going around now though, seems quite ridiculous. I am not one for 'theories'. I want the facts. That is why, though I will listen to conspiracy theories, because I am the daughter of a Holocaust survivor, I don't believe them unless I see proof or at least very heavy evidence supporting their hypothesis. I don't like to 'believe' or 'trust' people. Show me the money, I say. So with no further stalling, here's the latest: The CIA killed Michael Jackson. That's right, you read it correctly. Sounds nutty, no? I also think so. Get a load of this short video clip below. Absoultely crazy!

Now, for anyone interested in this conspiracy, the story goes like this: "The reason behind the CIA needing to assassinate Michael Jackson, these reports continue, was an out of court settlement the pop icon signed with son of the king of Bahrain, Sheikh Abdullah bin Hamad al-Khalifa, this past November in London, and which stated, in part, that in exchange for millions of dollars previously lent to Mr. Jackson by the Sheikh, Mr. Jackson would allow his sold-out United Kingdom concerts to be a “platform” for warning the World of a soon to occur mass genocide event."

Apparently, they say that some pharmaceutical companies are purposely making us sick with laboratory plagues they realease (bird flu/swine flu [H1N1]), and then these same companies will want to vaccinate us all against what they purpossely released into the public in the first place. Only this conspiracy theory is even more sinister. In this conspiracy theory, they want to perpetrate a 'genocide' by poisoning us all with the very same vaccines they say will 'help' us. The details of this incredibly weird story is here:

What's interesting is that these people use real facts, but mix it with other subjects (like Michael Jackson and the CIA) which really make the whole thing sound absurd. This technique confuses people because SOME of it could be true, but not all. Go then and try to filter out the truth from the absurd. It's confusing.

Do I have proof that the CIA did not kill Jackson? No. However, it seems crazy. But remove the CIA and Jackson from the equation and there the craziness stops. Because the other pieces of their puzzle could be true. It’s just the mixing with other crazy stuff that makes people laugh and then throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I thought you all might want to view this interesting piece (down below) from a former pharmaceutical doctor/employee. While I don't harbor a 'hatred' against pharmaceutical companies, because they DO do some good stuff, on the other hand, I am also very skeptical of their drugs. While a medicine might help your headache, it can damage your kindeys.

If I take an aspirin, you know I am on my death bed. Ok, yes, I am exaggerating, but really, I let fevers take their course unless they are really high, and the only time I took pills voluntarily was when I had sciatica and a slipped disc and I was in excruciating pain for so long, for so many weeks, that I finally gave in. And even then, I only took Advil Gel capsules and/or some Etopan (for Musculoskeletal pain/inflammation) for my back and sciatica pain. Nothing stronger.

But what about the vaccines we pump into our new borns? It seems they all get the same dosage whether they are 10 pounds or 20 pounds. THAT can't be right or healthy, can it? How can they create a 'standard' when one kid is so much bigger than another and then give them the same dosage? Then there is the question of the spike in autism and PDD (Pervasive Developmental Disorder (like autism but not as high up on the ladder) in our kids? Some are saying that children's vaccines are responsible for this surge in autism cases.

Could it be the mercury in these vaccines that keep them from spoiling that has possibly made our kids autistic? Watch this video and the whistle-blower in it, and come to your own conclusion. As for me, I don't have enough facts to come to a conclusion yet. All I know is that one of my sons started to act strangely as a baby, and was ultimately diagnosed with PDD. Here in Israel, we got great 'free' care for him and today he is almost 'normal'. So much so, that they want to release him out of the school program for kids with PDD. I and others here in Israel are very fortunate that we got such great care and attention and help for our kids, but what about other families around the world? And what about the push to give kids ritalin today? Is that not scary as well? Wouldn't a change in diet be able to help kids sit still in class and concentrate better? Our food is so full of white sugar and chemicals, that it's no wonder kids can't sit still in class and pay attention today. Is THIS a conspiracy to put kids on ritalin today? (The video is in English. Wait for the short intro in Hebrew to pass.)

Is there really such evil and greed in these pharmaceutical companies, so much so that they would purposely harm people just to make money? Some people say yes. What conclusions have you come to?